Sign in to follow this  
abeforei

Page editor will not show what's saved in page...only boxes, features, twitter etc

abeforei

Boxes, twitter etc shows on page...but if I put anything in page editor, html or visual, it saves but does not appear at all on site itself. What am I doing wrong? I am making a business page and not a blog site, so I just want to be able to use the pagelines boxes, features etc but also be able to use the typical wordpress page editor. Please help.

Henry Perkins

Whatever is placed in the editor will not appear on the page unless the "Content" section is placed in the "Page Templates" grid. If you need further assistance please let me know. :)

abeforei

Yeah, I have everything pretty much working off template 1. It has "Content" in the page templates area. When I check to see what is in "Content" it has features, boxes, callout and soapboxes in that order. If I go to the "about" page "content" is not hidden but everything inside it is.

abeforei

Could it be something to do with Wordpress itself? Perhaps the visual editor running into problems with the version of wordpress?

Henry Perkins

This may be a bug, but there is a different way to do this that will give you the same results. Instead of using the editor, place what you want in a "Content Box" section and add that to your Page Templates area in Template 1. EDIT: Are you using any editor plugins? IE TinyMCE?

abeforei

No. No plugins. I will try the content box method but eventually the page will have to have a live streaming box and I'm wondering if it'll make a difference if it is in a content box.

abeforei

But thanks for the content box workaround, should of though of that! :)

Danny

Hi, The about page, what template is it using ? Is it the same as the other pages on your website ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Hi, In order for the content added to the post/page content editor to display on your website, you must have both the Content Section and PostLoop section active on the template you post/page is using. These sections are active by default and therefore, you're not seeing your content, you have removed them yourself when playing around. http://screencast.com/t/NFL0kBss83RC http://screencast.com/t/fnjUsPXmh

Please search our forums, before posting!

Off to Races

Phew. THANK YOU! Tell me, is there somewhere to see a snapshot of a Hero or Masthead? A whole video not needed.

punsak

I had the same problem being described here. Its a simple fix, but without finding this post I was lost......

James B

If the above has answered your question please click hit 'accept'

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Off to Races

Yes, @simple-mama, the sections demo is what I was looking for. However, I don't see an Accept button, only green Thanks buttons. And yes, @punsak, I agree that it is good to now have the non work-around answer in the Forum!