Sign in to follow this  
joel

Navigation Bar Placement

joel

I'd like to have my navigation bar above the blue line in my header but very tight and on the right. 1) What is the CSS code for that? 2) How can I remove the white line? I either want that or to have it nestled tight below and to the right of my logo. Either way. I'd like to see both so I can play with the look and feel. Thanks, Joel

Henry Perkins
[code]#primary-nav ul.main-nav { left:450px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position:absolute; width:760px; } [/code] Add this to your custom CSS

Danny
Hi Joel, Use Henry's code above to position your navigation and use the below code to remove the border (white line). [code]#nav_row.main_nav, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-bottom: 0 none !important; }[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

joel
Okay, tried both, and nothing happened. I even tried to change the left to right and that didn't do anything either.

catrina
I think it'd be possible if the navigation bar displayed below the logo and social icons instead of above them so that CSS can be provided for moving it up (since I've tried to get the nav bar to go down but it pushes everything else down below it). I managed to get the navigation to move in the place you want to here in this site so it's definitely possible: www.kickstartdigital.com

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

joel
Okay, I used the brand / nav option instead of the code and it seems get me where I want. But 1) how can I get the navigation to the right margin? and 2) what happened to my social links? linked in and RSS, was going to add facebook

Danny
Hi Joel, To position the menu to the right hand side add this to your custom CSS. [code]#brandnav .main_nav ul.main-nav {float: right;}[/code] Also, the social icons are not available in the BrandNav section, only in the Branding section.

Please search our forums, before posting!