Sign in to follow this  
cesoielampo

Replacing a Primary Navigation item with an image.

cesoielampo

Hello, i would like to replace a menu item with an image and i would like it to be visible in every link condition (idle, hover and active). Is it possible to do? How can i hide the text in the menu item? thanks,

catrina
It's possible to add a background image to a menu item and have it stay that way in idle, hover, and active states but I'm not sure how to hide the text content in the item without hiding the entire item itself. Do you want to hide the text because the text you're using in the image is in a font that you're unable to use on the web?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Henry Perkins
Go into your Menu setting and you'll have to add a custom Menu link Enter the link to the page you'd like the image to link to in the link field In the Navigation Label add That is the simplest way of doing it. You're going to have to make sure your images are the right size, and you can define that in CSS by given your menu item a CSS class.

cesoielampo
Hello Catrina and Henry, Catrina: no, it's just i wanted a real thin navigation bar containing also the Logo. Henry: Thank you very much for making me discover this feature. Your advice solved my problem. Thanks to both for your support!