Sign in to follow this  
WebWerx

Need Some Help with Relevanssi Plugin

WebWerx

I am trying to implement the Relevanssi plugin... For some reason it does not work. @danny, I see from a previous post that you have implemented it yourself. Any implementation tips?

Henry Perkins
Are you using the premium version? I'm not sure what Danny uses, but it looks like the free version does not support custom taxonomies, which would make it pretty useless for Pagelines. [b]EDIT: Nevermind, http://www.relevanssi.com/features/[/b] Have you checked out this Knowledgebase article on their website? http://www.relevanssi.com/knowledge-base/query_posts/

WebWerx
@hperkins: Yes I did. Very detailed... Cannot figure it out... But I know that @Danny will have what I am missing....

Rob
WebWerx, Danny's in tomorrow morning. I'll flag this topic to him. I couldn't get Relevanssi working either. Instead, I went with Google Custom Search, and while I'm not recommending it, at least it generates revenues to offset my growing hosting costs.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Danny
Hi Webwerx, The last time I used Relevanssi was last year. I have just tested it on both Platform Pro and PageLines Framework and there seems to be some issue. I recommend you contact the author to see what he/she recommends.

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebWerx
Hey @Danny: At least it is not just me who is having issues with the plugin. I did look on their page and he suggest a quick fix: http://goo.gl/nGU2u. I am not sure exactly how to implement this with Pagelines though. Can you have a quick look to see if it implementable? It's an awesome plugin to replace the less than stellar WordPress Search engine. cc @rangelone

Henry Perkins
In Pagelines > Meta > Search Results --Now keep in mind this is just a little poking and trouble shooting -- ...but try and hiding the "Content" section as well as any sidebars that exist there. These sections will include "$query_posts" functions, so if by his logic, only 1 can exist on a Relevensi page, that may be where your problem is. Hope that helps!

WebWerx
Hey @hperkins: Good idea... But it didn't work.

Simon
Whats the problem with this plugin ,i just installed it, and got search results.

WebWerx
@pross It doesn't work for me Simon. I think it's due to the hook I added to add a search box on a site. // HOOK to ADD Search Box to Upper Right of Site // add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'new_search_bar'); function new_search_bar() { echo '
'; get_search_form(); echo '
'; } // End Function // What do you think?

WebWerx
Hey @pross: Can you PM the link to the site where you installed it successfully?