Sign in to follow this  
theoptimystic

below footer background color

theoptimystic

Hi- At the very bottom of my website there's a weird black line I can't get rid of. It is the background color for the text "Powered by WishList Member - Membership Site Software". I would like for it to be the same color as my footer (the color is 515151). Please advise

Rob
Add this to your Custom Code in CSS Rules: [code]img, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-color: #515151; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

theoptimystic
That didn't change anything. here's what the code looks like now in case you need it..... body {} #footer, .fixed_width #footer { background-color: #515151 !important; img, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-color: #515151; }

Rob
That's incorrect CSS. You have two distinct calls within one, missing a closing } after !important; Should be: [code]#footer, .fixed_width #footer { background-color: #515151 !important;} img, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-color: #515151; }[/code]

theoptimystic
Put that in exactly as you wrote it and still not working

catrina
That stripe with the link doesn't use a special DIV class, so it'll need to be changed a different way. Is that software you're using a WP plugin or was it installed by some other means?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

theoptimystic
I have the wordpress plugin. And when I sign up to be their affiliate this line shows up. I have another example of it on a diff wordpress theme I use....if you scroll all the way to the bottom of this website you'll see it. http://redesigningdestiny.com/

catrina
Perhaps it's possible to edit a file included in the plugin to change the background color to whatever you please. When you go to Plugins > Editor and select the plugin from the dropdown list on the right side, what files are listed on the right side beside the text editor?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

theoptimystic
Sorry this is so long, but it's a big plugin :) Plugin Files wishlist-member/wpm.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.backup.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.default.customposttypes.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.icontact.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.eway.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.generic.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.default.php wishlist-member/admin/extensions.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.premiumwebcart.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.default.protectdefaults.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.mailchimp.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.registration.redbox.php wishlist-member/admin/members.blacklist.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.content.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.paypal.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.infusionsoft.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.wizard.php wishlist-member/admin/shoppingcart.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.content.folders.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.arp.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.import.php wishlist-member/admin/members.broadcast.php wishlist-member/admin/post_page_options.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.advanced.php wishlist-member/admin/members.import.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.content.posts.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart-payperpost-skus.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.payperpost.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.webinar.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.quickpaypro.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.default.other.php wishlist-member/admin/members.sendbroadcast.php wishlist-member/admin/sequential.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.webinar.gotomeeting.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.getresponseapi.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.generic.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.aweber.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.content.cats.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.php wishlist-member/admin/dashboard.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.registration.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.clickbank.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.1shoppingcart.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.infusionsoft.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.sendstudio.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.default.systempages.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.twoco.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.getresponse.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.regpage.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.cron.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.email.php wishlist-member/admin/members.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.default.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.redoakcart.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.ultracart.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.php wishlist-member/admin/members.default.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.movemembership.php wishlist-member/admin/members.export.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.constantcontact.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.default.cron.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.content.folders1.php wishlist-member/admin/membershiplevels.content.files.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.cydec.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.registration.recaptcha.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.registration.css.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.shoppingcart.authorize.php wishlist-member/admin/settings.registration.custom.php wishlist-member/admin/integration.autoresponder.aweberapi.php wishlist-member/lang/translating.txt wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.icontact.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.eway.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.generic.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.premiumwebcart.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.mailchimp.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.paypal.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.infusionsoft.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.arp.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.quickpaypro.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.webinar.gotomeeting.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.getresponseapi.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.generic.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.aweber.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.clickbank.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.1shoppingcart.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.infusionsoft.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.sendstudio.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.twoco.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.getresponse.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.redoakcart.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.ultracart.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.constantcontact.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.shoppingcart.cydec.php wishlist-member/lib/integration.autoresponder.aweberapi.php wishlist-member/index.html wishlist-member/comments.php wishlist-member/selfcheck/index.php wishlist-member/selfcheck/hashes.txt wishlist-member/extlib/xmlrpc.php wishlist-member/extlib/OneShopAPI.php wishlist-member/extlib/WLMOneShopAPI.php wishlist-member/extlib/recaptchalib.php wishlist-member/extlib/jsonRPCClient.php wishlist-member/extlib/ConstantContact.php wishlist-member/css/jquery.tooltip.css wishlist-member/css/registration_form_backend.css wishlist-member/css/admin_main.css wishlist-member/css/admin_more.css wishlist-member/css/registration_form_frontend.css wishlist-member/js/admin_main.js wishlist-member/js/jquery-ui-1.7.3.datepicker.min.js wishlist-member/js/jquery.tooltip.wlm.js wishlist-member/js/regform_prefill.js wishlist-member/js/thickbox_images.js wishlist-member/js/jquery.ui.datepicker.js wishlist-member/js/ZeroClipboard.js wishlist-member/js/nicEdit.js wishlist-member/js/ZeroClipboard.wlm.js.php wishlist-member/js/admin_more.js wishlist-member/js/jquery.tooltip.js wishlist-member/js/registration_form_backend.js wishlist-member/core/User.php wishlist-member/core/Class.php wishlist-member/core/ShortCodes.php wishlist-member/core/WLMDB.php wishlist-member/core/InitialValues.php wishlist-member/core/PluginMethods.php wishlist-member/core/WishListAcl.php wishlist-member/core/Functions.php wishlist-member/core/Level.php wishlist-member/core/API2.php wishlist-member/core/AnotherWidget.php wishlist-member/core/UserSearch.php wishlist-member/core/Api.php wishlist-member/conflicts.txt wishlist-member/extensions/api.php wishlist-member/libexp/integration.shoppingcart.authorize.php

Rob
Try this:[code]hr, .fpost, .clip_box, .widget-title, .metabar a, #morefoot .widget-title, #site #dsq-content h3, .navigation_wrap, .setup_area, .fpost .post-thumb img, .clip .clip-thumb img, .author-thumb img, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-color: #515151; }[/code] It works for me in Firefox. I don't know why it wouldn't work in Custom Code for you unless the plugin is overriding Custom Code which it shouldn't really do.

theoptimystic
ok...we're getting somewhere. the whole thing is all one color but it is all black (not 515151). http://thinkwithyourheart.com

theoptimystic
Also, I'm getting this weird thing where the site looks different when I'm logged out of wordpress than when I'm logged in. When logged out there are dark lines under everything (which i do not want). When logged in the lines are light colored like i like it. Should I start a separate convo for that issue or can you help me with that too? thanks

theoptimystic
nevermind about that...it fixed itself. no longer different when logged in and out. It must just take some time ot catch up or something.

catrina
Did the code rangelone provide do anything at all? I checked your site and the footer looks the same (...unless you took it out). One idea I have is to open the folder where those plugin files are contained and ctrl or cmmd + F (find) where this code is located so that hopefully the color can be changed there: [code]Membership Site Software[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

theoptimystic
I searched for the code but couldn't find it. I talked to wishlist (who's graphic it is) and they told me this...maybe it could help: [i] The formatting of the affiliate text (such as the background) follows the style of your theme (especially the stylesheet) hence you would need to edit your theme file to change how that looks.[/i] None of the CSS has worked so far.

mackenzie
Did you get this working? I'm viewing the site in FireFox and the entire footer is the same color...

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

Rob
You're not using a theme. You're using a framework. I don't see anymore black line. But I'd suggest editing this: [code]#cred { padding: 15px; text-align: center; }[/code] to [code]#cred { padding: 1px; text-align: center; }[/code] A their footer is adding lots of padding at the bottom.