Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Overlay new plmeta over box images

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, I am in a bit of a situation here. I am trying to customize the boxes to include pricing information in an overlay on top of the box image. So far, I have successfully created the meta field to type in the new info, but I am having problems calling it on the front end. Can someone help me sort it out? I have to admit, with whatever I did so far, I got a bit lucky, since I am not and advanced php user. If I place the newly created $price in $content or $info it might take the value and display it, but the rest of the stuff (titles and links) will disapear. Can someone assist me with this?

function draw_boxes($p, $args){
			$oset = array('post_id' => $p->ID);
		 	$box_link = plmeta('the_box_icon_link', $oset);
			$box_icon = plmeta('the_box_icon', $oset);
			$box_price = plmeta('box_price', $oset);
			$class = ( plmeta( 'box_class', $oset ) ) ? plmeta( 'box_class', $oset ) : null;
			$image = ($box_icon) ? self::_get_box_image($p, $box_icon, $box_link, $this->thumb_size, $this->thumb_type) : '';
			if(plmeta('box_price', $oset)){
				$price = plmeta('box_price', $oset);
			} elseif(ploption('box_price', $this->oset)){
				$price = ploption('box_price', $this->oset);
				$price = false;
	                $price = ($box_price) ? sprintf('
', $box_price) : ''; $price = apply_filters('box_price', $price); $title_text = ($box_link) ? sprintf('%s', $box_link, $p->post_title ) : $p->post_title; $title = do_shortcode(sprintf('

', $title_text)); if(plmeta('box_more_text', $oset)){ $more_text = plmeta('box_more_text', $oset); } elseif(ploption('box_more_text', $this->oset)){ $more_text = ploption('box_more_text', $this->oset); }else $more_text = false; $more_link = ($box_link && $more_text) ? sprintf('%s', $box_link, $more_text) : ''; $more_link = apply_filters('box_more_link', $more_link); $content = sprintf('
%s %s %s
', do_shortcode($p->post_content), pledit( $p->ID ), $more_link); $info = ($this->thumb_type != 'only_thumbs') ? sprintf($price, '
', $title, $content) : ''; return sprintf('
', 'fbox_'.$p->ID, $class, $this->thumb_type, $image, $info); }[/code]

That's a very interesting question and you've done exceptionally well with that site. Unfortunately, the level of customization you're seeking requires one of our Pros found at It's important to use one of them in such cases, so that the coding you're trying to achieve doesn't adversely impact other things in the site. Apologies that I couldn't be of greater assistance.