Sign in to follow this  
questie

404 page layout is outside of main content area

questie

The content on the 404 page is outside of the main content area. How do I fix this and would also like to know how to put text on this page. I've tried the Pagelines Template menu but that only allows you to add boxes, features, etc to the page. Where is the content for 404 page? SciQuest404-e1336058056782.png

Jenny
It looks like you're using some sort of plugin to alter the 404 page. Mine looks nothing like yours (I have no plugins installed on my test site). See http://i.imgur.com/sKbqW.png Your 404 page should be set up like this: http://i.imgur.com/KENXg.png ... And when you click on "Content Area" for the 404 page, it should be blank by default (which is correct), but I guess you could add things if you want.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

questie
It was laying out the page wrong before I added the plugin.

Rob
Have you resolved it since?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

questie
No, is the only way to change the layout by going into core files?

Rob
We do not recommend changing core files and don't support that. Have you gone to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates > Content Area > 404 Error page to see what you have added to it? It's possible whatever plugin you added was included on that page. It may be as simple as ensuring the page template is blank, with no drag/drop elements in it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur