Sign in to follow this  
humph

bbPress Forum Link on Main Site Navigation Menu

humph

I am very happy with the ease of installing bbPress plug-in through the Wordpress installer and the "bbPress for PageLines" plug-in through the store. Everything loaded and integrated to perfection. The final piece of adding a link to my FORUM from the "main header navigation menu" is proving confusing. I looked through the support forum and there is really no definitive answer or consensus on how to create the link. It should be much easier than this. 1. No way to create a new "Page" and have your "Forum" be one of the template choices. 2. No way to add a Forum to the navigation menu though the bbPress forum 3. Building new menu's through Appearance > Menus works great, but the "drop down" navigation function of the sub-pages is lost. Does anyone have an easier solution? Thanks in advance for taking the time to help. -- Versions: PageLines Framework - Professional v 2.1.6, bbPress 2.0.2

humph
The permalink is http://gridirondigital.com/forums/

humph
After some tinkering I discovered the solution and Yes, the answer is. . . Appearance > Menu. When you build out your menu, if you are adding additional sub page links, there is a nuance with the drag & drop as you re-order your links. If you slightly move/drag the sub-pages right they will stick, below your parent page link and maintain the drop down. . .