Sign in to follow this  
szool

drop-down menu enhancement

szool

It would be nice if on the drop-down menu if there is a sub-menu for any menu item, for that item in the main list to have a little arrow appear in front of the item, so people can visually see that that item has a submenu. Otherwise if there is a list of items, they may not take the time to mouseover each one. But if they see that in the list one or more of them appear with arrows, they will instantly have a visual indicator that there is more for that item so they should go mouseover that one to see what is there. http://citizenmediagroup.com/

cmunns

Herman, Do you want help doing this with some CSS? You will need to find a little image of an arrow OR you can attach a "navigation label" in WP3.0 menus and include a double arrow or something like that for any drop down items.

szool

sounds promising.... I don't know how to do either unfortunately... is there any good instructions for that?

cmunns

Are you running WordPress 3.0 right now? If so, let's do it that way.

szool

Yes I am running WP 3.0. But I have no idea what to do. Granted that is not a problem with StationPro... but do you happen to know of a good writeup I can follow along with?

cmunns

If you go to APPEARANCE > MENUS you'll be able to create and name your first menu. Then you choose any of the posts/pages/categories/etc on the left column and click add to menu so they appear in the newly created menu area on the right. From here you can drag and drop these menu/nav items into a nested fashion which will make them perfect for drop down usage. Also, if you click the arrow for each nav/menu item (on the far right of the grey bar) you'll see a pull down of many more options. Menu Label is one of them. Here you can add a special character for any drop down item such as ">>" or anything you like. Let me know how this goes?