Sign in to follow this  
WebWerx

Issues with Rendition of Site When Logged In

WebWerx

All of a sudden my site looks like this when I am logged in: http://cl.ly/0m1z0b3E211J1F3W082P I do not recall doing anything that would cause this. Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? The site works fine otherwise.

Danny
Hi Webwerx, Can you disable all active plug-ins and see if this resolves the issue please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebWerx
Hey @Danny! Ya I thought of that... No go. When I go to another theme (IE TwentyTen)... all is good. Very odd....

WebWerx
@Danny: Also: This happens with both Pagelines & Base themes

Jenny
Everything looks okay minus the admin menu. Definitely look for a plugin conflict, especially something that alters the admin menu or CSS of it. You can also try checking your custom CSS code to make sure you don't have an incorrect selector or even a missing ending semicolon. Also check any text widgets to make sure the HTML/CSS in them isn't missing anything.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

WebWerx
Hi Jenny (@simple_mama): I disabled all plugins and the issue remained..... The Custom CSS idea is also out as the issue happens with both the default PL theme and the Base theme (Where my custom.css resides). I did check all text widgets for code consistency --- could not find any... Any other suggestions?

Rob
Okay, I just looked and all seems fine, however, I had that same effect for a split second just before everything fell into place. If you have a cache plugin installed, it's possible the site simply got caught in that momentary state and locked into the cache. Even if you disabled the cache plugin, the cache itself isn't cleared, so it would still show whatever's in there. If you clear the cache, it might just clean up in your browser. I also checked IE9 and Chrome as well as Firefox and it looks fine in all of them. Snapped right into place with the first two. The momentary lag was in Firefox. Please check the site in other browsers and let us know what you see.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

WebWerx
Hello @rangelone: Not sure how you were able to mimic the condition I outlined without being logged into the backend of WordPress. I'd me glad to PM you the login details so you can see for yourself. Caches have been cleared everywhere. I even cleared my browser history. The problem happens in FF, Chrome, Opera & Safari.... I am boycotting IE. I think @simple_mama is on the right track with her suggestion to look for HTML /CSS errors. It cannot be custom.css because the issue happens with both the Base & Pagelines themes activated. As soon as I activate TwentyTen, things are cool. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

catrina
Have you tried checking for errors using http://validator.w3.org/?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

WebWerx
@catrina: My apologies for replying so late. Your good advice and 15 minutes of my time have fixed the issue. I thank you kindly for the suggestion (which I am kicking myself for not thinking of). In retrospect I have had this issue before and it has always been bad code at the end of a page.