Sign in to follow this  
mattduk

Pagelines Templates Not Updating/Saving

mattduk

Hey guys, I have an issue where the template section of the paglines is not updating when I try to remove a section. I am currently stuck with at least one section in my header because the framework will not save when i remove it. It pretends to save, but it is not actually saving the changes. Please assist me as soon as possible as this is leaving my site rather embarrassingly unfinished and unprofessional looking.

Danny
Hi Matt, So you don't want to have any section(s) in your Header Template, is that correct ? I have just completed a quick test, where I removed all sections from the header template and it worked as intended. Therefore, would it be possible for you to disable all active plug-ins and see if this resolves the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mattduk
it's not that I don't want any sections.. no that at all.. let me try to explain a bit better. The behaviour of the template section of pagelines framework is not functioning properly. It is NOT saving changes correctly. Nor is it being consistent in displaying the bug. firstly I added a section. Didn't like what I had done, so I decided to remove it. Which i did. I then added another section and another. The second section doubled. I had no idea why so I removed it. The template interface showed it as removed, but the refreshed webpage showed it still there. I F5'd the tempate interface and it showed the section back again. So I removed it again. Again the template interface showed the section as removed, however the refreshed page still showed the section. Again I hit F5 on the template interface but still the section persisted. I then added a different section and the first persistent section disappeared and now I am stuck with a new unwanted section. The long and short of it is that whatever file is supposed to be updated by this interface is not receiving the updates, somehow. I don't know enough about this to know what to change or where to change it (manually) and I NEED user interfaces that actually work as they are intended. (Having paid for the developer edition I am a tad narked that it isn't working, but I digress). Can we please find a solution as soon as possible, because now my site is without it's feature section in the header, no matter how many times I try to add it. (The interface is ignoring me) Cheers Matt

Danny
Hi Matt, From the sounds of it the PageLines interface/drag and drop functionality isn't ignoring you, it sounds like a cache issue. Have you tried another browser and see if the issue persists.

mattduk
Ok, I have branding in my header and I want to add features. So I add features. The interface shows that it worked, but the web site is not being updated. I hit F5 on the interface and features is removed from the active sections (left) side. So I tried another experiment. I added a 'contentbox' to my header (above my branding). This added. So now I try to add the features, but won't add it. Same thing, acts like it has, but it really hasn't. So I decide to remove the contentbox. It pretends to move it, but isn't really. So I don't have my features section in my header, but I do have an empty contentbox that i don't want, that won't go away. Then I add features again, and this time it adds. It still won't remove the contentbox though. This is very frustrating.

mattduk
Ok, i think I understand what you are saying. I am hesitant, but I will download another browser to see if this changes the issue.

mattduk
Marvelous! you're having my babies whether you want them or not! ;) That appears to have fixed the issue. How infuriating it was though! Thanks again, Danny! Keep up the good work! Matt

Danny
Hi Matt, No problem, was happy to help. Out of interest what browser were you using when you had the issue ?