Sign in to follow this  
ecee

Child theme

ecee    0
ecee

Hi, I have Pagelines and are looking for options to start off with a good child theme. When I look at some themes I can buy, they look like they have been built with Pagelines, as I see your typical objects and structure. But these themes are not marketed as "Pagelines" themes. Now I wonder if I would buy such a theme, would it be possible to build further on it using Pagelines framework? Or can that have been disabled or modifies? Also, I use Jigoshop/Pagelines plugin. Can that be affected by a child theme? Thanks!

catrina    103
catrina
What themes are you referring to? Are they child themes that you've found on Google that are made by other developers? I don't think the Jigoshop/PageLines plugin should be affected by a child theme.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ecee    0
ecee
Hi, I have seen quite a lot of these themes on for example themeforest.net (can't find a really good example right now though). So they are regular themes. If a theme is made with Pagelines it would just be a good starting point, but as pagelines is also a theme it wouldn't work...? It was just a thought I had if you could use it together somehow... Thanks!

catrina    103
catrina
PageLines is more of a Framework/platform (for example, this framework is required in order for you to use other PageLines themes such as iBlogPro5 and Ignite in addition to PageLines Pro, which is a theme built around Framework).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse