Sign in to follow this  
cornell2

Box Sets not Appearing

cornell2

Here's bizarre problem that has been dogging me for a good 4-5 hours now. 1. I added a box set (a new category) ... call it "dashboard" 2. I added a bunch of boxes with content (9) each with the "dashboard" box set checked off (yes, it appears in the box set list on the right) 3. Double-check ... in the list of boxes, all 9 show "dashboard" as the box set. 4. BUT when I go into "box sets" a 0 appears next to "dashboard" (indicating that no boxes have been assigned to "dashboard" (but of course I just assigned 9 of them, and each verifies this when I edit them individually, or view them as a list) 5. ALSO when I go edit any page that is formatted as a "box" page, under Boxes Section Select Box Set To Show ... "dashboard" does not show up as one of the box-sets available. ???? I have MANY other pages on my site displaying box sets. They all work fine. It has been months since I added a new box set or created a new page with a box-set. Again, I went through the proper steps, + create new box set + create boxes (or edit) and assign/check the new box set + edit a page (formatted with the boxes template) and try to choose the new box set. according to the box set does not exist (in the page dropdown) or in the Box-sets the new box-set name appears but is not recognizing any of the boxes assgined. Using ... WordPress Version : 3.3.2 Multisite Enabled : No Current Role : Administrator Platform Version : 1.5.3 Platform Build : 18 PHP Version : 5.2 PHP type : Cgi-fcgi OS : Linux Automatic Updates : Working. Latest available: 1.5.3 Any ideas?

cornell2
Ha .. after entering the 6th hour of debugging I finally found the answer: And it appears to me an obscure bug in PlatformPro, 2 related bugs, actually. (I feel so proud). While box pages seem to have no problem displaying boxes that are marked as private (I have several pages already displaying private boxes) but Bug 1: if one creates (or edits) private boxes and assigns a box set (checks off a category) - the Box set panel DOES NOT recognize any of the boxes assigned. The box set category appears in the list but 0 appears as the number of boxes assigned. There are 9 boxes are definitely checked with the box-set, and is indicated as a member of the set when looking at the list of boxes in the admin panel or while editing them individually) Bug 2: While there are (in my case) 9 boxes assigned to the new category, since they are Private - (and box-sets does not recognize ANY boxes - bug 1 ) then the new box set does not appear in the dropdown in the page "meta" "Select Box Set To Show" settings. Remedy (and weirdness) All I did was mark ONE of the boxes out of the 9 in the set as "public" Now ... a. the box set category now appears in the Page "Select Box Set To Show" settings. (I choose it and save) b. Now ALL 9 boxes (public and private) now appear on the page c. but in Box-sets .... only a "1" appears next to the new box-set category (it is only seeing the public one. THEN. Without editing the page, I change the one box from public back to private. (so now all 9 boxes are private). They all still show on the page. WHen I edit the page the box-set no longer appears in the dropdown, because they are all private, and I suspect that if I save it my page will no longer display the box set. Just FYI.

Rob
I suspect that the private boxes are appearing to you because you're logged in as an admin. Setting anything as "private" means that its not for public viewing, so others visiting your site likely will not see anything you have marked as private. That option is really intended to handle private information, shared pre-publication documents, etc. My recommendation would be to make each "private" status box or anything else, public, ensuring that all will see them.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cornell2
(trying hard not to feel condescended to ...) I am not talking about viewing the box sets from a web page. The whole bug report (and it IS a bug) is about creating a box set and seeing the box set from the dropdown in the ADMIN panel. Also - when the 9 boxes ('tagged' with the new box set) are all private, - in the box sets ADMIN panel is shows "0" next to the box set name, even though there are 9 boxes assigned. And again, when I try to add this box set to a page (through its ADMIN page), the box set does not appear in the list - even though there are 9 boxes assigned to the box set ... this is because apparently pagelines (ADMIN) gets confused. I fully understand that since I have the boxes marked as private, they will only appear in the "production" website, if I am logged on. This is what I want, and how I have it working on all other areas of my site.

Simon
Try this fix: Open class.option.ui.php Line 695 change to: [code]$terms_array = get_terms( $o['taxonomy_id'], array( 'hide_empty' => false ) ); [/code] And the same in class.options.metapanel.php Line 320