Sign in to follow this  
alainafrederick

Upgraded now Thumbnail not working

alainafrederick

My site was set up to use the custom field of "Thumnail" to insert a image about 200px by 200px at the top left corner of each post. Since upgrading to the new Pagelines from PlatformBase it is no longer working. On the homescreen the "featured image" is showing to the left of the post but when I open the posts themselves the Thumbnail is not there. Where in the coding can I fix this so it will look for that custom field - or do I have to go into every single post and do a img src to get that image to show?

trying to figure out all the capabilities of pagelines

alainafrederick
I'm also noticing that before the "about the author" and the "author name" was above the authors thumbnail photo and bio. Now the photo is to the left of all of the information so it doesn't look right. Is there a way to change that as well similar to how you can change the except and thumbnail display?

catrina
The custom field was most likely implemented in your functions.php file in PlatformBase. Do you still have a copy of that file? Also, can you please post a link to an author bio page? I can't seem to find it on your site.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alainafrederick
The author bios are at the bottom of each individual post as seen here: http://dinkerandgiggles.com/safe-babywearing-hip-health-illustrated-guide/ I have copied over the code from the functions.php from PlatformBase and nothing has changed: [code] require_once(get_template_directory() . '/includes/init.php'); add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_start', 'brand_links'); function brand_links(){ ?>

catrina
Where in the functions.php file did you add this? Also, are you using PageLines Customize or the base theme? For the author bio, was there custom CSS implemented to achieve the look you had in PlatformBase? I found a topic you created about it, but there was no solution posted.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

alainafrederick
I just added it to the bottom of the Pagelines Framework functions.php file. Should I reactivate the base theme?? I have the Pagelines Framework activated. The author bio thread that you found was a PAGE that I was trying to create but am no longer doing. What I'm trying to achieve is the author bios located at the bottom of each blog post. The thumbnail image is displayed to the left of the information. Before it was to the left of the bio but under the "About the Author -line break- Authors Name" area. But it's really not a big deal as I have bigger things to fix LOL

catrina
Yes, you should always add code to the functions.php file in either the base theme or the PageLines Customize plugin (available from the PageLines Store). For more info on the base theme: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Base_Theme

Designer | Catrina Dulay

alainafrederick
Well that fixed the Thumbnail thing but I liked how the site looked when only the Pagelines Framework was activated :(

alainafrederick
And aligned the author images a little better next to their bios at the end of the posts ... but the framework was nicer then the base theme. I guess you can't win them all!

alainafrederick
And now the Jigoshop is all messed up. I think I'll go back to the Framework and try out the customized plugin that you mentioned.

alainafrederick
Still can't get the Thumbnail to work for the posts or the author bio at the end of each post.

Rob
I'll ask our developer to look into this. However, I thought we created author templates for PageLines Framework, making the older PlatformPro method moot. Let's see what he suggests. He should be in tomorrow morning.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

alainafrederick
It's not the author template --- I'm not doing a "Author" page. The Thumbnail I mention is a custom field that I have been using that automatically sized the image and placed it at the top left of of the post within the content. It would appear similar to how the boy in the diaper appears in this post: http://dinkerandgiggles.com/diaper-scavenger-hunt/ However in that post I manually added the img in using html. But all the hundreds of other posts have the image via the Custom Field "Thumbnail" and then the value is the image URL. I'm trying to find out how to get this image to appear automatically without having to go back through the hundreds of posts and manually add the image in using the src html code. As for the author I'm mentioning if you look at the bottom of the linked post above you will notice that part of the bio goes under the author gravatar image. If I activate the PagelinesBase theme then this area appears fine however if Framework is activated (which I HAVE to have activated otherwise the JigoShop goes crazy) then the author area appears as shown. I am not in a hurry to fix the alignment of the author bio as I really don't mind it's not that big of a deal it's that custom field that is driving me crazy!

Danny
Hello, 1. The post image using custom field, do this mean that you have never used the Feature thumbnail image for posts ? Was this custom code ? 2. The author section, simply do the following and it will look like it's supposed to (I think). [code]#postauthor .author-info { margin-left: 120px; <----Remove this code, I don't think its needed } .author-thumb { text-align: left; margin-left: -120px; <----Remove this too, as it's not needed, from what I can see. }[/code] To the code below, add margin-bottom: 5px; Hopefully, the look is how you want it? [code].author-thumb img { float: left; margin-right: 25px; padding: 5px; }[/code] 3. The code you pasted above: [code]add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_start', 'brand_links'); function brand_links(){ ?>

Please search our forums, before posting!