Sign in to follow this  
oinegue1960

Pagelines and iframe

oinegue1960

Hello, I'm working around the use of iframe in Pagelines. I searched some reference in the forum with no success (I only found platform pro threads) so I wonder if someone is currently using iframe with Pagelines theme and just in case 'how to' or suggestion. Thank you

Danny
Hi, What are you trying to do, what is the iframe for and where are you adding the code ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

oinegue1960
I'm trying to add a flash player to the homepage. My flash player is extremely complex as it need several js and php 'calls' in the same instalation dir, let's say it's a 'package', so we cannot consider it like a simple 'swf' media. Because of that it doesn't work by common WP flash plugins or alternatively by Pagelines html widgets or sections. An option to make it working with Pagelines would be to put the loader (player.php) in an iframe. (that's the way is successfully working on my other WP 3.3.1site based on 'Gallery Theme') As I've no coding skills to use 'hooks' I use 'Advanced iframe' plugin. Just a shortcode in the content of a page or article and the player displays and works. Please look at this sample url http://www.radiowebjay.com/contents/how-to-listen/ For some reason such iframe plugin seems not to work with Pagelines as the player's loading frame showcases but it cannot 'start' the player, so it will continue to stay in 'waiting' stall. The only difference between the sites is the 'theme': 'Gallery' vs 'Pagelines'. The position of the flash player is a 'secondary' need. We can fix it by CSS only where I'm sure it will display and work well. (orientatively it could be placed at the center right of the page 'into' the ipad vector display) That's why I'm on the way to understand how to bypass the iframe plugin in order to directly use iframe in Pagelines. The iframe code would be something like this (the dimentions may change): [code][/code] In my other post rangelone reasonably suggested to ask a quotation to your 'pro' developers but before considering such expensive option I would need to be sure no other option will work. (including the borderline option to create a html static homepage out of WP and Pagelines theme) Thank you.

catrina
I searched the forum for a possible solution and found a topic where another forum member found one, but he/she didn't post it: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/19057/iframes-issue/p1. I asked the for it to be posted.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

oinegue1960
Thank you Catrina (always so kind.... :) ) Anyway I solved by tweaking the flash player's package settings. Said that I feel to give an exaustive feedback about this thread as forum's support and users deserve it. Pagelines supports 'Advanced iframe' WP plugin. (just need few CSS customization up to positioning desidered) Any issue I got so far was not related to Pagelines but to the advanced design settings of my aac+ flash player, so where you would need to insert an iframe in your Pagelines website based on don't hesitate to use the above plugin as it works flawless. (and most of all you would not need complex coding, just a short-code) Hope this helps.