Sign in to follow this  
mlinnane

Framework Page Set Up

mlinnane

Hello, I have set up a static home page and published it. I am unable to view any text that I have input in the standard WP editor. I removed all Pagelines sections in the content area just in case they were interfering in some way, but still unable to view any content/text I have input. I am sure it is something I have missed. Grateful for any direction! Regards M

catrina
Did you set up the static homepage in Settings > Reading? Can you please take a screenshot of your home page and post it here?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mlinnane
Hello Catrina, Thanks for your reply. Yes I set the front page as a static page which is the home page. I have stripped almost everything out in case of interference so not that much to see - Grateful for your direction. Link below: [url]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_ux1cDvC5MWk10HEo8hinsANIyoJL93R8cVbk_Hs-jY?feat=directlink[/url]

catrina
Can you please post a live link to the page that you set as the static front page? It would be very helpful to be able to view your site.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mlinnane
Hi Catrina, Sure (I had a coming soon plugin active, now off for the time being) [url]http://www.berkeleytaxconsultants.co.uk/[/url] Thanks Michael

Rob
Michael, what's the content expected on the static homepage? Are you anticipating a list of posts? If so, they won't appear on a static homepage. Instead, you'll need to create a static blog page with absolutely no content on it except sections you add via the template. Not even a punctuation mark can be on the page. Then, that's set as the Posts Page via Dashboard > Settings > Reading. That's where posts will appear. The static Homepage is intended for your own content - things like you'd find at http://www.epicurus.com. All of which is added manually via tables, plugins, etc.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mlinnane
Hi Rangelone, Thanks for your input. On the static home page, I don't wish to have a list of posts, rather just text content via the standard WP editor. I also intend to have a selection of Pagelines sections (features etc). I find the standard WP editor easier to use for text input, editing and tagging for the main body in comparison to content boxes etc. If the system does not allow any input via the standard WP editor if using sections for page content? that will end the confusion for me. Thanks M

Rob
We don't have an editor different from the standard WP editor. The features, boxes, etc are added via templates found at Dashboard > PageLines > Templates. Settings for these can be done via Dashboard > PageLines > Meta or on the page itself in the PageLines Meta Settings. However, you must select the template for the page. If you don't see that, please find the options in Screen Options (grey box, top/right). Add your content via the standard WP editing area. Make sure you did not "Hide Content". it might help to go through the Wiki and read a bit on adding content. http://www.pagelines.com/wiki

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mlinnane
Hi Rangelone, Thanks for your reply. I am much clearer now. Regards M