Sign in to follow this  
sot_man

Footer Columns Sidebar frustration

sot_man

I add the Footer Columns Sidebar from the Template setup and I see three columns: the pagelines watermark, a list of my pages, and a list of recent posts. I also see the the Site Terms Statement, as I set it in the Header and Footer settings. In those three columns, I want something different, on appearance>widgets I add to the Footer Columns Sidebar a search widget, again a list of my pages and a calendar. All this appears and the previous default items (watermark, pages, recent posts) disappear. The problem is that the Site Terms Statement disappears too. How do I bring it back?

catrina
I checked your site and I see the site terms at the bottom (in the center of the footer). Did you make an adjustment to make it appear again?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sot_man
I removed the customized Footer Columns Sidebar and then I placed it again without making any adjustments, that's why the terms are there. Whenever I adjust, the terms disappear.

Rob
Personally, I simply create a text widget to include my site terms, copyright, etc. That way, I have total control over it. In my sites' footer (multi-column), I use text widgets for most everything. Many others do as well, but they also place standard widgets into the columns. The terms will disappear whenever anything is placed in the multi-column footer sidebar. It's designed to use default content OR your own, but if you set widgets there, the sidebar creates a blank slate for you to design on. There are no widgets for the terms. However, it's easy enough to copy/paste the terms from the default to a text widget.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur