Sign in to follow this  
jamesldesign

Editing Widgets in Library.Templates.php

jamesldesign

I wanted to add some code to the widgets in my sidebar. I found the following code in library.templates.php:

function pagelines_standard_sidebar($name, $description){
		return array(
			'name'=> $name,
			'description' => $description,
		    'before_widget' => '
', 'after_widget' => '
', 'before_title' => '

', 'after_title' => '

' ); } [/code] I would like it to output the following:
[code]function pagelines_standard_sidebar($name, $description){ return array( 'name'=> $name, 'description' => $description, 'before_widget' => '
', 'after_widget' => '
', 'before_title' => '

', 'after_title' => '

' ); }

Im not exactly sure how to do this with filters or hooks - they're not my strong point! Any recommendations?

Rob
Hi, It's not recommended that you edit core files and I'm unsure how you'd add that via a hook or customization. My best guess here is that because this involves a core function, a hook may not necessarily be easily done and you'll need one of our Professional developers to assist with it. I'd suggest visiting http://www.pagelines.com/pros and requesting a quote from the pros available there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jamesldesign
ooh bummer :( I know not to edit core files, but I didnt realize doing via a hook would be some complicated! Anyone have any other suggestions? I just wanted to add some additional markup to make CSS styling easier.

catrina
I'm not sure how that code would need to be implemented. What's your exact reason for wanting to add a widget-content DIV layer inside the widget?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jamesldesign
I want the H3 Widget Title Tag to display: inline-block but clear all the elements after it, so they don't float inline.

catrina
You can add the inline-block property to the h3 tag using CSS. Is it the widget-content area that you don't want to float inline? Do you want widget-content to display as a block?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse