Sign in to follow this  
ecee

"Edit" button front end - get rid of?

ecee

Hi, I have this "Edit"-button everywhere in front end. Where do I set not to have that? Thanks!

Jenny
http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Blog_and_Posts_Settings See points 2 and 3.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ecee
Thanks. I thoght I had it figured out with your tip. I took away the post_edit from metabar. But "edit" didn't disappear from front end. But the edit I have is at the end of each post content... Should I change somewhere else, or could it be something else I should do? Thanks!

Simon
Why do you want to lose the edit link?

ecee
I found the answer. It's only for me, when I'm logged in that it shows. It didn't show when I looged in from another computer.

Rob
It's a feature for those with admin rights only and very selective. An author can edit only his or her posts or pages. An editor can edit posts or pages for everyone but admin can edit other things like boxes, features, etc. It is never visible to visitors.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mackenzie
ecce - that is correct. The edit is to allow you to log right into the post in the Dashboard versus having to log in each time and search for the post to edit it.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.