Sign in to follow this  
mikec415

Dropdown Menus for Mobile

mikec415

Hi, I can't get my dropdown menus to work on mobile, meaning when the top navigation items are pressed the dropdown menus don't appear as they do when hovered over with a mouse. Any suggestions on how I can edit the script or something else to make them work upon touch on mobile browser? Let me know. Thanks!

Jenny
Hi @mikec415. You can use the mobile menu plugin from the Store (http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/mobile-menu/). You can also disable the mobile optimized view (PageLines -> Settings -> Layout Editor) to see if that solves your issue.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
Since you have rejected this answer, please let us know how else we can help you.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mikec415
Can you look at my java script and suggest how I can edit it to make it function correctly for mobile browsers? That is what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Jenny
Unfortunately I do not know Javascript. The actual functionality of the drop down menus is done by Wordpress, not by PageLines. We use the Wordpress menus in PageLines. Have you tried posting a question in the Wordpress forums?

Jenny
As I side note, I went to your site on my iPhone (which looks great by the way) and I can see that your menus are not offering a drop down, however they are working fine on my site (http://www.simplemama.com -> PageLines Add-ons has a dropdown). I'm wondering if maybe you have your menus set up weird. Just to verify, you're using the custom menus at Appearance -> Menus and then have menu items set up as a hierarchy parent/child relationship, yes?