Sign in to follow this  
juicebox12

Padding on the header and footer (full width sidebar)

juicebox12

Hi there, Just wondering how to fully get rid of: a) top padding- I have a header image that's a different colour to the page background. I've followed the instructions offered in other threads here, but the top padding always persists. Custom Code is listed below: #branding .content-pad {padding-top: 0px !important; } #branding .content-pad {padding-bottom: 10px !important; } #branding .content-pad {padding-left: 0px !important; } #branding .content-pad {padding-right: 0px !important; } Can you help me work out why 5-10px of padding exists at the top of the page, despite the custom code clearly listed as 0px? B) padding below the main page content section and the footer. I'm using the Full Width Sidebar section as a footer, with a Horizontal News Scroller widget and a text widget displaying the company footer information as an image file. As you can see, there is superfluous space both between the page and the footer section, then again between the two widgets that comprise the footer. Are you able to assist with code (CSS, presumably) that eliminates or at least minimises the space between these sections? Thanks for making such an awesome suite of tools for WP, it's turned web dev into a much more pleasant past-time! Rob

Danny
Hi Rob, Use the following code and see if this looks OK. [code].fixed_width #page { padding-top: 0px; } #list_sb_fullwidth .content-pad { padding:0px; } #list_sb_fullwidth .widget-pad { padding: 0px; }[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

juicebox12
Danny, you are truly a god among men. It work perfectly, and for that I salute you squire.