Sign in to follow this  
sgendry

Conditional display of boxes on blog post

sgendry

I want to display different box sets on different blog posts. In the template setup I added boxes in MoreFoot and selected the option "hide this by default" What do I do next? I assumed it would be possible to enable the boxes post by post and page by page but I do not understand how to make that happen. I can access and edit the boxes section in my posts meta settings, but there is nothing in there that tells me how to make boxes display on each particular post. ?

sgendry
I am starting to answer my own question: it appears I should 1) In Pagelines / Templates: put the boxes element in the Page Templates section and not Morefoot 2) In Pagelines / Meta / Blog Page select the option "hide boxes" (I have over 100 posts and don't want to have to edit each one to hide the boxes where applicable) 3) Edit individual blog posts. This is where I get stuck. I had hoped that the option "hide boxes" would have been carried over from the general template and all I had to do was unselect it in each individual posts as desired. Not the case. What am I missing?

Rob
Actually, if you want the boxes in the pages, related to the content and the same width, don't put the boxes in either the morefoot OR the page templates. Adding it to the content area templates will ensure that the boxes are the same width as the content area. "I want to display different box sets on different blog posts." Make sure you've created corresponding box sets so you can tie the box set to the post. Do this by going to the post and using the PageLines Meta Settings > Boxes and there selecting the box set. Only thing is, you need to have the boxes applied to that template. "What do I do next? I assumed it would be possible to enable the boxes post by post and page by page but I do not understand how to make that happen. I can access and edit the boxes section in my posts meta settings, but there is nothing in there that tells me how to make boxes display on each particular post." The boxes display when they're active (not hidden) in the template for the post. "In Pagelines / Meta / Blog Page select the option "hide boxes" (I have over 100 posts and don't want to have to edit each one to hide the boxes where applicable)" Incorrect location. Place the boxes in Content Area > Blog Page or any one of the templates (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5). "Edit individual blog posts. This is where I get stuck. I had hoped that the option "hide boxes" would have been carried over from the general template and all I had to do was unselect it in each individual posts as desired. Not the case. What am I missing?" You're missing the selection of the box set. Hiding the boxes just hides them entirely and doesn't give you a choice. Use the Box Set selection.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

catrina
@sgendry How do you plan on dealing with these boxes? Do you need further assistance with this issue?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse