Sign in to follow this  
gyoery

Centering Menu Items (li) within (ul)

gyoery

I am trying to "center" the menu within the ul that is surrounding it. Kinda like here: http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listutorial/horizontal_master.htm This doesnt work, since the items are floated. I removed the float and added a display inline, but it just won't work. The menu should be centered within the area next to the searchbox. giving it a left and right padding/margin is not a solution, cause it has to work with any menu items.

Rob
Have you tried changing the selectors for that code snippet to match what's on your site? I looked at the site URL and the menu's been aligned vertically, so I can't even test it and give you some ideas.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jenny
Try using this, or a variation of it.. [code]#primary-nav ul.main-nav { text-align: center; } ul.sf-menu li { float: none; display: inline-block; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gyoery
Jay... it worked.. no idea what I did wrong.. anyway, thanx for this real, substantial, valuable, proper, and helpful answer... I appreciate it.