Sign in to follow this  
rafales

Cannot setup template

rafales

Hi, I used to work on Plateform Pro. I wanted to start a new site with Framework. Its impossible to setup a template. It is blocked on "Editing ?†’ Site Header". No page type or section are enable or even visible. I saw no template folder under pagelines. Is it normal ? Can you help me ? Best regards

Rob
First, you should be reading http://www.pagelines.com/wiki to find all our documentation, including using and setting up Templates. Lastly, in Dashboard > PageLines > Templates you can select any one of the graphic map sections to edit templates. For example, you can click on Page Templates to apply things to globally. If you want something inside the content area, just click in the right map on "Content Area", etc. There is no "template folder" because templates are created dynamically, based on settings found in those instructions. PageLines Framework isn't a typical theme, it's an actual software-based framework with which you may mix and match things and design your site in an infinite variety of ways. Hence, no fixed templates to deal with. All your template work is drag and drop.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rafales
"First, you should be reading http://www.pagelines.com/wiki to find all our documentation, including using and setting up Templates." I did that before writing. "Lastly, in Dashboard > PageLines > Templates you can select any one of the graphic map sections to edit templates. For example, you can click on Page Templates to apply things to globally. If you want something inside the content area, just click in the right map on "Content Area", etc." That's just what I cannot do... There's no graphic map sections available or even visible on Dashboard > PageLines > Templates. That's what I wanted to say. Excuse me if I was not clear. Is there a way to send you a creen copy to show you it right ?

Danny
Hi Rafales, What is there when you click on Dashboard > PageLines > Templates ? Can you take a screenshot or even better download Jing and record a screencast and then copy the shortlink here so we can view it please. Also, please disable all active plug-ins and see if this resolves the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rafales
Hi Danny, I disable all active plug-ins as you asked. Nothing have changed. The probl??me is still there. Please, take a look at the screen, here : http://radio-neauphle.fr/facebook/0Pb%20template.jpg Thanks for help.

Danny
Hi Rafales, So when you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates, it automatically looks like the image above, basically on the Footer template but displaying the Header sections etc... is this correct ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

rafales
When I open Dashboard > PageLines > Templates, it is on Header template, but the rest is the same. If I want to go to another template (exemple Footer), you see the result.

Jenny
Have you edited any core files? You definitely have something messed up here. I recommend visit PageLines -> Account -> import/Export and export your theme settings. Then delete PageLines from your themes and reinstall a fresh copy (import your settings too!).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.