Sign in to follow this  
questie

Adding modal link to brandnav

questie

Trying to add a Request Demo button to my BrandNav that i place on every page but it's wrapping 2 lines. Would like to: a. have it all on one line b. put the button before the menu if possible Here's the code

function sq_brandnav_after_nav() {
	                echo get_search_form();
	}

function demo_brandnav_after_nav () {
	                echo "
"; } add_action ('brandnav_after_nav', 'demo_brandnav_after_nav'); add_action('brandnav_after_nav','sq_brandnav_after_nav'); [/code]

I'm putting it in the child theme functions, not core pagelines files.

catrina
Is the "Request Demo" link you're referring to at the top right corner next to the "Support" and "Contact" links? If so, I don't see it wrapping (on Firefox for Mac) on any pages.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon
You over complicating it with all the escaped characters [code]function sq_brandnav_after_nav() { echo get_search_form(); } function demo_brandnav_after_nav () { echo ''; } add_action ('brandnav_after_nav', 'demo_brandnav_after_nav'); add_action('brandnav_after_nav','sq_brandnav_after_nav');[/code]

questie
Simon, thanks for the cleaner code! Catrina, I put the button back in place and you can see it wrapping now. Will not change until you look at it if you could please! thanks bmcd

catrina
I'm viewing your site and the button isn't wrapping at all. Which browser are you using? Also, what CSS are you using for the DIV layer demo-menu (if any)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

questie
I'm using Chrome on Mac. It does render correctly on Firefox. Need to test IE. Is it possible to move it before the menu? So that it's appears to the left of "CONTACT"? Another question, what if I don't want it to be a button but look the same as the BrandNav menu items. CSS is below [code].demo-menu { -moz-box-shadow:inset 0px 1px 0px 0px #ffffff; -webkit-box-shadow:inset 0px 1px 0px 0px #ffffff; box-shadow:inset 0px 1px 0px 0px #ffffff; background:-webkit-gradient( linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #ededed), color-stop(1, #dfdfdf) ); background:-moz-linear-gradient( center top, #ededed 5%, #dfdfdf 100% ); filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#ededed', endColorstr='#dfdfdf'); background-color:#ededed; -moz-border-radius:6px; -webkit-border-radius:6px; border-radius:6px; border:1px solid #dcdcdc; display:inline-block; color:#777777; font-family:arial; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; padding:2px 8px; text-decoration:none; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #ffffff; }.demo-menu:hover { background:-webkit-gradient( linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #dfdfdf), color-stop(1, #ededed) ); background:-moz-linear-gradient( center top, #dfdfdf 5%, #ededed 100% ); filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#dfdfdf', endColorstr='#ededed'); background-color:#dfdfdf; }.demo-menu:active { position:relative; top:1px; }[/code]

catrina
You can move it to the left of the "Contact" button using CSS. You can make it look like the other links in brandnav. From a design standpoint, I think it would look better because it won't look out of replace next to the other two links that are just text links and not buttons.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Danny
Hi Questie, I think the best course of action would be for you to contact one of the PageLines Pros. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!