Sign in to follow this  
josh1178

Jigoshop in Pagelines - Can't use templates???

josh1178

Is there really no way to use templates/drag&drop and jigoshop together, so that for example you can have sections above your shop or products? How is Jigoshop pagelines any different from Jigoshop installed via the wordpress plugin area. Just styling fixes?

Rob
I will bring this to the issue of the developers.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

josh1178
Thanks, I think it's pretty essential. I appreciate it!

Rob
Josh, did you look at the demo found here: http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/pagelines-jigoshop/ ?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
Basically Jigoshop takes over the entire 'content' area, our plugin just adds style and css to it. You can still add sections to the main header/morefoot/footer and select hide by default, then unhide them in the jigoshop product archive meta tab.

josh1178
@rangelone - yep, i saw the demo...you can see there its super basic. @simon - Thanks! That works well enough I suppose. I had no success installing jigoshop on my local host using MAMP (no product page shows up at all to create products) so I tried WooCommerce, which works fine, minus some styling issues which I fixed using some code found here in the forum that I'll paste below. One problem I'm still having though is I can't get the sidebar to show up with price filters etc. like in the Jigoshop Pagelines demo. Any advice on how to set that up so the sidebar content for Woo Commerce works? Code used in functions.php: remove_action('woocommerce_before_main_content','woocommerce_output_content_wrapper', 10); remove_action('woocommerce_after_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper_end', 10); add_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'pl_woo_open_wraps', 10 ); add_action( 'woocommerce_after_main_content', 'pl_woo_close_wraps', 10 ); function pl_woo_open_wraps() { echo '
'; } function pl_woo_close_wraps() { echo '
'; }

josh1178
I solved the sidebar not showing bit. I had to turn on sidebar as defaulting to ON in my main Pagelines>Settings>Layout Editor. Thanks for the help. Would be nice to see these carts working 100% using the sections....but for the time being Simon's solution works. Cheers

greggsky
@simon's solution (unhiding sections in the product archive meta tab) works for the product listings page, but not for the product pages. Is there a way to bring more granular control over these? Why isn't the product page a template that can be customized?

greggsky
Anyone else have this problem? Can't get the sidebars on the product page, just on the product archive.

greggsky
Oh...I see. Change the page setup on each product...yuck. Hope the product page can be brought into the template fold soon.