Sign in to follow this  
tsktom

Framework and BuddyPress attachments plugins

tsktom

I have installed Framework, BuddyPress, and BuddyPress template pack, and they are all working fine - Thank you !!! However my users would like to be able to attach jpegs, pdfs, etc. to their forum posts, and I am having a difficult time finding a forum attachment plugin that works well. The one that I like, U BuddyPress Forum Attachment, has the right features, but the attachment 'stuff' does not show up as part of the forum posting capabilities. Can someone help me ?

Henry Perkins
[url="http://buddypress.org/community/groups/u-buddypress-forum-attachment/"]I assume you mean this plugin[/url]? The plugin says it requires the following hooks in the theme you are using: ???bp_after_group_forum_post_new??™ (your-theme/groups/single/forum.php) ???groups_forum_new_reply_after??™ (your-theme/groups/single/forum/topic.php) ???groups_forum_new_topic_after??™ (your-theme/forums/index.php) ???bp_group_after_edit_forum_topic??™ (your-theme/groups/single/forum/edit.php) ???bp_group_after_edit_forum_post??™ (your-theme/groups/single/forum/edit.php) [url="http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Pagelines_register_hook"]This wiki topic may point you in the right direction.[/url]

tsktom
Yes, I saw that. I have no idea how to add these hooks. Is there another plugin that may work with Framework ?

tsktom
Based on the wiki, do I just need to register these hooks ?

Rob
Buddypress operates in the PageLines Framework as a result of an integration we created. I'm unfamiliar with the coding of that integration plugin. Unfortunately, the developer is away at present and due back next week at some time. I'm unsure if this has any impact but that plugin is actually 8 months old (ancient in Web years). Personally, before I'd invest time and effort into that plugin, I'd ask the author for an update and determine if he plans to continue its maintenance. If the plugin isn't maintained and there's a future WP or BuddyPress update, it could become deprecated.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tsktom
Yes I know. Do you have any suggestions for another plugin ? Forum Attachments for Buddypress works but it is not robust.

Rob
Honestly, I don't. You may need to hire a Pro or your own developer to create a workable plugin for this.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tsktom
Thanks. Since attachments is such a critical aspect of my forums, I will continue to investigate. Thanks for your help !

Jenny
Hi @tsktom. If you consider this topic resolved, would you please "accept" an answer? This tells the other moderators that you no longer need assistance. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.