Sign in to follow this  
maxquinn

Nav Background Colour on Inactive Pages won't Change

maxquinn

Hi, I've been trying all sorts of CSS in order to change the background colour on the navigation of http://www.allelements.co.uk/wordpress/ and it won't change at all. The active page is fine. When I set it to non drop down, it's correct, but as soon as I change it to drop down it goes to the dark grey. Any ideas how I change this? Thanks, Max.

catrina
The drop down background is separate from the menu background, so you'll need to change it separately using a different CSS selector. Are you using Firebug to inspect and create the CSS?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

maxquinn
Hi Catrina thanks for the help. Yes I am using Firebug, but still can't find any way to change it at all. Since using Firebug I've managed to change everything easily enough but this one's just baffling me.

catrina
Sorry, I misunderstand your issue the first time. To change the dark grey color, you'll need this: [code]li.page_item {background-color: #XXXXXX;}[/code] Change XXXXXX to the hex code for the color you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

maxquinn
Perfect thanks! That did the trick, did you manage to find that tag using firebug?

catrina
Yes, you need to inspect the non-active page menu item (any item that isn't being currently viewed) and use the selector for the
  • (the link item) to change its background color: [img]http://i.imgur.com/Df7Tk.png[/img]

Designer | Catrina Dulay