Sign in to follow this  
chasenet

Link problem in banner ad

chasenet    0
chasenet

Hi folks I've replaced the Google ad in my header with an animated gif. Position is perfect but the link isn't working. I must have overlooked something but the code for image and link works OK in a normal html page. The ad panel seems to be sharing the link of the actual site logo. But when it was a Google ad it linked fine through to Google. The code for my pagelines-customize/functions.php below

// add_action('hook_name','function name');

// ---> uncomment to load
	add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'google_leaderboard_ad');

// function name
	function google_leaderboard_ad(){

?>

WATE-animation.gif
<?php } // end function[/code]

Jenny    33
Jenny
If it isn't clickable, it is most likely a z-index CSS issue. You have to add a high enough z-index to the .leaderboard class to make it show above the header image. Check out [url="http://www.w3schools.com/"]W3 Schools[/url] for more info.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

chasenet    0
chasenet
Does the pagelines header use z-index? I tried altering the z-index of the div containing the image and no effect. I don't it's absolutely positioned anyway... Looking at the site in Firebug the line [code]The English Standard[/code] goes the full width and I think that's the problem - but how come the google ad worked and not this? I tried altering the width of mainlogo-link to 580px which stopped the new ad clicking to the sites homepage but it still doesn't link to the site it should... doesn't even show as a link like that. Any ideas?

Rob    547
Rob
Are you adding styling into the hook where you have the div or doing it via Custom Code > CSS Rules? I don't recommend including any styling inside the hook. What z-index did you apply?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur