Sign in to follow this  
gcraenen

Menus and link in footer don't work

gcraenen

Hi, I just finished my new website and after that installed and used the BPS security plugin with WP 3.3.1 and Pagelines. After that the menus of my website don't go to the right pages and the link in the footer also doesn't work. They just revert back to the homepage. I deactivated the BPS plugin and put the default .htaccess into place, but the problem still persists. As I am new to WP and Pagelines, I have no clue what to check or do to mitigate this problem. I almost started wiping everything, drink a lot of beer and start from scratch tomorrow, but I hope somebody has a better solution? Help and with regards, Guido

Jenny
It sounds like you have a permalink problem. Try visiting your WP permalinks settings and re-saving them. You can also delete the .htaccess file completely and Wordpress will add what it needs to the file when you re-save. BPS security is kindof overkill. I used it previously but have since deleted it. Too much work every time the plugin was updated. PS. Try margaritas instead. They're faster.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

gcraenen
Thanks a lot for answering. I couldn't get it to work again, so I made some exports and backups and started from scratch. Fortunately I made a recent export, so the rework is do-able. Thanks for the hint about margaritas. I will look at that, certainly not going to use BPS security again ;-)