Sign in to follow this  
questie

Change Subnav font size

questie

Trying to change the subnav font size. Tried the following with no luck in the style.css

#subnav .main-nav ul.main-nav {
	font-size: 0.6em !important;
	}

#subnav li a {
	font-size: 0.6em !important;
	}

Rob
Not quite sure this is what you want but try this and adjust accordingly: [code].main-nav li li a { font-size: 30px !important; } .main-nav li li li a { font-size: 8px !important; }[/code] Also, try this to reduce some of the padding: [code]ul.sf-menu ul li a { padding: 4px 9px 6px; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

questie
got different results. First off I have a CSS entry to shrink the brand nav that may mess this up. [code]#brandnav .main_nav ul.main-nav { font-size: 0.7em !important; }[/code] I got this when I tried your code: [img]http://beta.sciquest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Screen-Shot-2012-04-18-at-9.29.45-PM.png[/img]

mackenzie
Did you adjust Rangelone's code from PX to EM to match your original code? You would need to adjust the # as well to be the EM equal...like 0.7 em if you use em. Sorry for the confusion. Just wanted to clarify what was placed in the code.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

Rob
I didn't mean for you to keep my numbers. I meant that you could adjust the 30 to 12 or the 8 to 12 to find the right size combination you wish. Since you didn't specify an actual pixel size, I provided that as an example. How you adjust it is your choice. The point was that the code provided did change the font size of the child and grandchild menu elements, which is what you needed. The padding issues provided a smaller space for the items.

questie
OK what about changing the 3rd level nav elements?

questie
It appears the the Parent and 1st Child are the same style? When I add the changes those 2 elements are the same size and then the 3rd level page is different.

Rob
I think you have the code now that you needed.

questie
Thanks Rangelone! Here's the code for anyone else that interested. [code].main-nav li a { font-size: 1.2em !important; } .main-nav li li a { font-size: 1.0em !important; } .main-nav li li li a { font-size: 0.9em !important; } ul.sf-menu ul li a { padding: 4px 9px 6px; }[/code]

Rob
No problem. Thanks for posting that.