Sign in to follow this  
kywine

how do I decrease whitespace between feature and highlight

kywine

I am not savvy enough to suss out why there seems extra white space between my home page feature slider (960 X 255) and a highlight (960 X 225) I've added. The highlight is an image (though it looks like text, mostly). Is my feature slider not occupying its full space? Is the highlight image too short? Is there a margin or padding that needs changing on one or the other? If so, I don't see any non-CSS ways to do that (unlike the handy sliding bars that set width of sections.) Advice and code needed and welcome.

Rob
Okay, in Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules, add this: [code]#highlight .hl-image-bottom { margin: 0.2em 0 0; }[/code] Let us know if that works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
How about if you combine that with: [code]#highlight .content-pad .highlight-area { padding: 0 20px 20px; }[/code] BTW, you can get Firebug (http://www.getfirebug.com), an add-on for Firefox, to see these same things I'm seeing, and test it live.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kywine
That helped enough, I think. I do have Firebug and try to use it, but it baffles me. I don't do site design often enough, and so I'm always relearning tiny bits of vocabulary. I will at least watch some of the online tutorials about it, which hadn't occurred to me until now. I watched one a long time ago, but there are many now. Thank you for your help.