Sign in to follow this  
ashiq

Vanilla Forum Integration Help

ashiq

Hi Everyone, I have just integrated vanilla forum on my pagelines site as can be seen in the url. Everything works like a treat, however, I would like to have some help with the following, 1. I have a top level navigation menu called 'Forum' and how do I link the forum with that menu button? 2. How can I have both the forum and blog to have the same member registration and login? In other words, can the members registered on the forum use the same login details to use the forum? Thanks for any help,

Rob
I believe there's a Vanilla plugin to integrate user login with WordPress but I don't know how it works or where you can find it other than Vanilla's website. I've seen it, but don't recall the plugin name.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ashiq
Thanks, I will look for that in vanilla's site. Do you know how I can link the forum to the top menu 'Forum' in my website? Thanks

Rob
Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and look for the Forums menu item. Click it. Where it has the URL link, just paste this: http://www.getmedigital.org/vanilla/ and save.

Rob
Sorry if that wasn't a correct answer. Could you be more specific what you're trying to do?

ashiq
I have created one set of menu as 'Top Menus' and forum is just one of the menus under that so I don't think I can do what you are asking me to do.

jonas_johnson
Hi, I have using the plugin WP Vanilla Connect to connect user

Danny
Hi Ashiq, 1. To create a Menu item to point to your forum, read through the article here. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/ 2. Wordpress and Vanilla are separate products and the PageLines integration is the visual side of things and not the user base. I recommend you follow Jonas suggestions in using the WP Vanilla Connect, or ask in the Wordpress or Vanilla support forums.

Please search our forums, before posting!