Sign in to follow this  
bluecloud

PageLines doesn't update

bluecloud

I'm trying to update the framework to version 2.1.6 but when I enter my ftp connection details (and these are correct) and click the proceed button, the frameworks won't update. On the browser tab I see that the page is trying to load but it seems like that it can't get a connection with the update-page. Pagelines is in this directory: wp-content/themes and the file and directory permissions is 755. I have also changed this to 777 without any results.

Danny
Hi, Where are you entering your FTP details ? If you're trying to use the auto update feature, you need to add your PageLines account details to: Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Account > My Account. If you're trying to upgrade manually via an FTP client and your username and password aren't working then this is a hosting issue and not related to PageLines. I recommend you contact your web host.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bluecloud
Thanks for your reply. This is probably a Wordpress issue. I have updated the theme via a FTP client and without any problems. I have noticed that the same issue occurs when I want to update a plugin. Maybe if someone on the forum had the same problems he can leave a reply. I will start to search on the WP forums. BTW I'm working with Pagelines for a few weeks now and I have to say... Pagelines rocks!!

Jenny
@bluecloud to fix your FTP issue, check out this topic: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17581/common-reasons-why-pagelines-framework-2.x-update-may-not-work#Item_1 If you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks! And we're glad you're enjoying PageLines. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

bsaul
Hi bluecloud I have this same issue with one of my clients and was looking for notes on doing a manual/FTP update to PageLines. His hosting does at least allow updates to plugins and to WP but always asks for the FTP details. With PageLines though it just won't offer the option to update. Good to know you FTPd it without problems...