Sign in to follow this  
cstudio

Toolbar (admin bar) while viewing the site gone after move.

cstudio

I am not sure if this is a pagelines issue or a greater Wordpress issue, but I am going to ask the question here first because everyone here has been right on with solutions. This has happened to me a few time with different sites. After developing the site either locally or in a subdirectory then making the site live, I lose the toolbar and 'edit' links while viewing the site. Everything was working fine before transition, so I don't think it is a conflict with plugins, which I have also disabled to check for a conflict. The site is http://sessionscolorstudio.com/ I have this site in a subdirectory for development then moved the necessary files to the root for the site to be live, in the process below. Also there is a how to at:http://askwpgirl.com/how-do-i-move-wordpress-from-a-subdirectory-to-the-root-directory/?doing_wp_cron=1334553752 I have had this problem with every Pagelines site i have moved after development. The process I used to put this last site live was: 1. Change site address url to live site location. 2. Copy index.php, htaccess to root directory. 3. Change the 'root' index.php from, <?php require('./wp-blog-header.php'); ?> to <?php require('./mywp/wp-blog-header.php'); ?> 4. Then reset permalinks and everything works fine, except the Tool bar while viewing site is gone. Also it seems that the page loads a tick slower, but I don't have evidence that, that is the case. It passed the w3 validator. Any help would be appreciated.

Jenny
Are you talking about the admin bar at the top of the page? If so, just visit your profile under WP -> Users and check the box to enable it.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

cstudio
Yes I am talking about the admin bar at top of page, while viewing the site. The check box is not the issue. I just fixed the issue on this site by installing and activating jetpack some reason that fixed it.

LukeB
This is definitely a jetpack issue as i had to disable it on my site to get the admin bar back

Jenny
Seems very odd that both of your fixes are exact opposites! lol Maybe staying away from Jetpack is the answer. ;) If you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.