Sign in to follow this  
flidget

Adding flags for international sites to Header Area

flidget

I have a .co.uk site and a .com site. I want to add a UK flag and a USA flag icon linking to the different sites to the header, hopefully by the social icons. I have the icons, is there an easy way to add them to the Famework header?

galluzzino
I had the same issue. I ended up changing header template, replace the "branding" with a "content box" and in the content box add HTML code with logo and language options. The content of the box changes according to the language preferences.

flidget
Blimey galluzzino that was a bit drastic! This must be a common requirement that's needed for most large customer sites. There must be a way of treating the social icon links area simply as an external links area?

Rob
Gentlemen, It is a bit drastic as that's essentially changing the whole header concept. Let's do this a little easier. You should be using a hook, inside the PageLines Customize plugin's functions.php. Here's an example: [code] // add_action('hook_name','function name'); // ---> uncomment to load add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'heading_nationalflags'); // function name function heading_nationalflags(){ ?>

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur