Sign in to follow this  
peters_publishing

Site Obliterated

peters_publishing

Somewhere between Friday night and Sunday morning, my site completely disappeared, except for the language nav bar you'll see at the bottom of it. http://www.skypeenglishclasses.com Otherwise it was a completely blank page. I was able to get most of it to come back just by going logging in, going to the page template and making and undoing a quick change. Still, my website looked much like it did when I first moved from Platform to Pagelines. I lost a lot of my configurations. All of my widgets were completely scrambled. Some post categories seem to have disappeared. I use several security measures, none of which detected a hack, and I confirmed with my hosting company that there has been no unusual activity. A few problems still remain. Some of my categories will not come back, and the image for the American flag in the upper right-hand corner for the language switcher seems to be gone. I have a suspicion that this is all somehow related to a compatibility problem with WPML and Pagelines, but really, it's just a suspicion. Anyway, I'm trying to clean this up and make sure it doesn't happen again, so any advice, information, anything, would be appreciated.

peters_publishing
Yes, I did it as soon as it came out. Another thing I've just noticed, when I'm looking at a page, and trying to choose a category for some post types, it will show in the wrong language. For instance, right now I see portuguese box categories in my Russian home page.

Rob
Do you have a Cache plugin enabled? If so, please clear the cache. I've just poured through your site and everything looks perfectly fine in Firefox. Was this happening in a particular browser?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

peters_publishing
It's weird. All of the categories seem to have resolved themselves now... I find the Portuguese meta box choices on the Portuguese page, the Russian ones on their page, etc.... I fixed all the widgets and some of the other settings manually... I've cleared the cache multiple times today. The only issue that seems to be remaining is the missing image for the English flag. Also, I'm just curious how this happened so I can avoid it in the future...

Danny
Hi Peter, To be totally honest, I have no idea why this happend or what could of caused it. However, with you having W3 Total Cache installed, I'm inclined to think this may be the culprit but not 100% sure. Have you contacted W3 Total Cache or WPML support regarding this issue, as they may have seen this type of error before ?

Please search our forums, before posting!