Sign in to follow this  
kelmain

Pagelines Carousel Problem :(

kelmain

Hi everybody, Today, my carousel stopped working correctly with no reason at all. As you can see in this link: http://www.hourglass-designs.com/spanish/?page_id=47 (you can find the carousel close to the footer), the left and right arrows have suddenly vanished and whenever I click on the blank space they were supposed to be: the carousel acts weird. I tried to change it to "gallery" mode and it works, but I want it to display the images related to any recent post. Any idea of why did this happen? Thanks in advance

catrina
I visited your site and although the arrows have vanished, when I click on where the arrows should be, duplicates of the carousel thumbnails show up directly below the carousel. Were there no new plugins installed? No plugin updates or any other updates at all?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kelmain
Hello catrina, Thanks a lot for your response. Absolutely nothing has been installed. In fact, my wordpress reminds me it needs and update and I'm aware that PageLines has also been updated. But due to the "fear" of losing it all, I did not update nor install anything. The carousel feature just blew up and I still don't know why. Just that it only happens when its set to display de feature images related to posts.

catrina
I think you should update to 2.1.6 if you haven't already (the update shouldn't cause loss of content, but you should always have a back up, anyway).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelmain
How should I do that? Just uploading the theme again? I'm afraid of losing my custom css :P

catrina
I just checked and noticed you're not using PageLines Framework. What version of PlatformPro are you using (1.5.3 is the latest)? You can save your PlatformPro settings at the bottom of the Settings page and re-upload it if needed. You can also find more information on backing up your WordPress site here: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelmain
I'm actually using: PlatformPro 1.1.5 :P seems a bit old, right? So, I should save my Platform Pro settings at the bottom of the settings page... And absolutely EVERYTHING will be saved? :P I sincerely hope so. Lets see what happens (cross fingers)

catrina
Yes, that is very old. The settings on that page will be saved. Is that where your custom CSS is? Are you using the child theme (PlatformBase)?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelmain
I'm not sure at all, installed it all 2 years ago :/ Sigh, lets try...

kelmain
(also, thanks a lot catrina, I really appreciate your time and help)

catrina
You can check Custom Code > Custom CSS to see if that's where you put your CSS. Also, to check whether or not you're using PlatformBase, go to Appearance > Themes and look at the active theme.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelmain
sigh, this seems to be getting more complicated. I'm trying to update wordpress, but it says: Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 29360128) (tried to allocate 1576564 bytes) in /homepages/14/d351677232/htdocs/spanish/wp-includes/class-http.php on line 1402 Also, when uploading the most recent PageLines theme, it says that the file does already exists. For the PlatformBase thing, here's a pic: http://i44.tinypic.com/2eban3s.png

catrina
For the memory issue, you may need to contact your host. Are you trying to upload the most recent version of PlatformPro that you got from your LaunchPad account? Also, according to the screenshot, you're not using PlatformBase.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelmain
Shall I download PlatformBase then? This seems to have changed quite a lot since I first purchased this :P I already saved my custom css just in case :)

kelmain
Installed 1.5.3 version and the carousel is still not working :/ don't know what's happening at all.

Rob
Okay. Make sure WordPress is updated to 3.3.1 (current version). Make sure you have PlatformBase 1.4.1 uploaded to wp-content/themes/platformbase so that you can activate that. Since it's a base (child theme), you'll need to keep PlatformPro on the site as it provides the files PlatformBase uses. The carousel may be having difficulty due to an old plugin. If you've not maintained your site actively for 2 years, it's very likely some of your plugins are old too and outdated. None of this is going to be about your CSS. Visit Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins and check the list. Now, open a new tab in your browser and go to http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins and check each one of your installed plugins there to make sure it's compatible with WP 3.3.1 (at least 3.2.1) and that it has no-one reporting it as broken. If you find a broken plugin, deactivate it and find a replacement that is compatible. Keep in mind when looking for new plugins that often hobbyist programmers build these and some may not support new plugins. Look for ones that are well maintained and have a history of changes (changelog) and good support.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kelmain
Thanks for your respone rangelone :) I think I will need to contact my host, as I can not update my wordpress at the moment, this is what it says: Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 29360128) (tried to allocate 1576564 bytes) in /homepages/14/d351677232/htdocs/spanish/wp-includes/class-http.php on line 1402 I'll mail my host and try this. It is just too weird, as it worked yesterday and now it does not :( Anyways, thanks a lot, you are all really helpfull :))

Danny
Hi kelmain, This is a hosting issue and not related to PageLines, therefore you have done the correct thing in contacting them. All they will need to do is simply increase your PHP memory.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kelmain
Greetings everybody, I have upgraded my hosting system, and it allowed me to upgrade Wordpress to its latest version. Sadly, the carousel is still showing some issues... any clue? :/

Rob
Glad to hear about the upgrades and updates. How are the images delivered to the carousel? From post thumbs or via NextGen?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kelmain
If I deliver the images to the carousel from NextGen: it is OK. If I set it to "posts" then it goes wild as it is now :(. I just don't undertand why.

catrina
Does deactivating any plugins (now that the PHP increase issue is set aside) make a difference?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelmain
Just tried to deactivate all the plugins and still not working... :/

catrina
Which version of WordPress do you have now? (WordPress 3.3.2 came out recently)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelmain
3.3.2 yeah... and still not working. I think I will surrender :( thanks everybody.