Sign in to follow this  
sjmcyyc

Templates not saving

sjmcyyc

I have spent about 2 hours trying to insert boxes and features but when I move the widgets in the template setup they will not save. What I did was move the Secondary Nav widget out of the site header and moved the features into that spot, then under the default page I moved the boxes widget over. The I head over to pages to edit and the widgets do not show under the section control. When I go back to the Template setup, everything has moved back to where they started. I had it all working once then moved widgets and now it won't work. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks Sean

Rob
Okay. So, let me see if I have this right. Your header includes no Secondary Nav but does include the Feature Slider. In the Default Page Template, you added boxes. Are you sure that's what you want? The boxes should appear on every page that way. Did you click "Save" for any of these settings? Did you go to the page you're editing and select the Default Template, then scroll down to PageLines Meta Settings and click on Boxes (there's a tab) and select the box set you want to display and change any other settings?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sjmcyyc
I think that's what I want, it's the look I want anyway, maybe going about it the wrong way. I did have it working until I moved the features around, then it quit working. I wanted different box sets on different pages so I set up the box sets, added the bosed sets to the default page and then used meta settings to have them on the different pages. Is there a set workflow for doing this as it took me a lot of trial and error to get it right. When it quit qorking I set everything back to default and started again, and that's when the templates wouldn't save anymore. I am just learning this, so it is probably something I have done, I just can'y fogure out what. Thanks Sean

Rob
Sean, You'll want to check out the docs for PlatformPro here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/ Essentially, you're doing it right. I'm unsure why the boxes are not appearing or saving in the template. Personally, I assign them to the top of the Morefoot area. I've never had a problem saving the settings in PlatformPro. Do you have PlatformBase activated? Do you have plugins installed?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sjmcyyc
Yes I do have it activated and the plugins I have installed Fast Secure Contact form and I had Post types Order installed but I deactivated it thinking that was the problem. Since the last message I once again dragged the features over to the Header without removing the Secondary Nav and this time it saved, still no luck with the boxes on default page though. I will try with the More Foot area. Thanks for the help so far! Cheers Sean