Sign in to follow this  
pcon

Order of boxes on Posts page different from other pages

pcon

I'm using a 3 box set as my header to display my logo, the company name and motto, and a call to action. It works on all pages by my post page and single post page. I have setup each box with specific published dates so I can sort them ascending. In the Templates section I set boxes to the top position in my header area above the navigation. On each page I have configured the meta settings for the correct box set, number of boxes, and the 2 sort order options. This works fine on all the pages expect the blog or an individual post . Any ideas how I can get the call to action and logo on the correct sides to match the rest of the site? thank you for your help. Pat

Rob
Pat, I wouldn't have used this method of accomplishing your goal. I love the design, btw. It's just the execution that seems to present problems. First, since the left and center graphics are static (constant) you could do those in one wide image, applied to the branding area as your branding image. The right box could be replaced as a clickable image with a fairly simple hook. This would mean no boxes, box-sets and box order to worry about. It would be consistent throughout the site and the branding image would be clickable to your homepage (which can be removed if you prefer). If you don't want the center image clickable, it could be included in the hook as a simple image and aligned with CSS. That said, if you use the Post Types Order plugin http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-types-order to set the order of your boxes. I just think that what's going to happen is that with each new post, your order may change, particularly if you update a box.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur