Sign in to follow this  
blotchy39

All images suddenly appear twice.

blotchy39

Since yesterday all of my images have suddenly started appearing in posts twice, particularly if the image has also been selected as featured image. This hasn't been happening until yesterday (I think I updated Pagelines 2.1.6 yesterday). This problem is happening across the entire site and hasn't been an issue up until now - I'd really appreciate how to fix the problem asap.

Jenny
Check PageLines -> Settings -> Blog and Posts and be sure you don't have thumbnails set to display in single post pages.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Simon
As I explained in an earlier post.... Up to 2.1.5 featured images in single post pages were not displaying which meant either peopl had to add the image into the post content, or use a filter/plugin to add it to the post content. 2.1.6 fixed the featured image bug, so if you have featured images set to display in single post pages and there is a featured image set for that post it will display it. You either have to turn off the featured image in the single post, or remove whatever coder you added to put your image there, or if its in the post content remove it from there.

blotchy39
Thanks for answering Simon, but I'm confused about how you're trying to portray this as a 'fix' when your changes have made a mess of my site and cost me a couple of hours of my time. For me, you've created a problem I didn't have before. If I don't want to have the featured image in the single post, how do I choose not to include it?

Jenny
I stated above: Check PageLines -> Settings -> Blog and Posts and be sure you don't have thumbnails set to display in single post pages.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

blotchy39
Thanks Jenny - apologies for bypassing your answer first time around, but I saw 'Pagelines Developer' on Simon's post and took it as fact. I realise now Simon's answer answered the question but I didn't know what he meant. Thanks to both of you.

Jenny
@blotchy39 It's no problem at all. :) If you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!