Sign in to follow this  
marcwilde

Is the Pagelines Framework for me?

marcwilde

I'd like to know if the new Pagelines Framework can fulfil my wants, which are as follows: - My site will be designed to support many users with some social networking features (would the BuddyPress plugin do the job?). - Each user needs to be able to manage their own blog posts; all of a user's posts also need to be linked to their social profile. - I'd like a post ranking system, controlled by a 'thumbs up/thumbs down' interface. This would allow posts to be sorted on dedicated pages within specified timeframes (e.g. best of the week). - I'd like a static menubar at the top of the site, which will stay in place as one scrolls down the page. I realise that I may be asking quite a lot of the WordPress system, although I did manage to have a previous version of the site with a similar general idea using PlatformPro. I'd love to know if the new Pagelines Framework (and its store etc.) would be able to help me get closer to the above ideal. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you can give. :)

Danny
Hi Marc, We do provide a try before you buy service which allows you to trial PageLines Framework free for 30 days. I recommend you take it for test drive, if Platform Pro got you close to your setup then PageLines Framework definitely can. PageLines Test Drive - http://demo.pagelines.com [i]**Please remember that the demo website is not for creating content to be used on a live site at a later date nor should it be used as a free hosting package. After the 30 days are up, your trial will expire and the site will be automatically removed.[/i] The one aspect that isn't possible out of the box is the Thumbs up/down, I assume you mean like a voting system. There are hundreds of plug-ins available on the Wordpress Repo that will allow you to do this. Free Plug-in: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/polldaddy/ Premium Plug-in: http://pluginbuddy.com/purchase/thumbsup/

Please search our forums, before posting!

marcwilde
Thanks, Danny. I wasn't aware of the demo; I'll certainly give that a try and see what I can do. :)

mackenzie
Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.