Sign in to follow this  
jeffsbesthemp

How do we switch up our page to do this?

jeffsbesthemp

HI, We checked through all the docs and posts but couldn't find anything directly relating to this. We'd like to kind of do our site colors sort of like this page http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/ but I can't figure out how to keep the text white and the color scheme the same on the menu, while changing the text color and page background color for all the posts and pages. We just want a white background for the content area of the page, and black text so it's lighter and easier to read, but nothing else to change. The green and white is a little hard to see and read through and we want to make it easier on our customers to read about our awesome stuff. We keep running into the text color being changed on the menu and side bars, and we just need it for the page. We're hoping someone had a suggestion to do it more easily for the simplification of the page look. Can you think of anything?

Danny
Hi Jeff, Well you can use this forum post as a guidline - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14766/most-commonly-asked-css-tweaks-for-platformpro#Item_34 Also can you please take a screenshot of your Design Control settings please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jeffsbesthemp
Sounds great and what are the proper names of what we're trying to address, is it the page background, and secondary navigation that we're trying to tweak? I want to make sure we're referencing the right words.

Rob
Do you have Firebug? That would help you identify the CSS elements you need to change and you can also inspect the other website to see how they applied CSS. http://www.getfirebug.com It's an add-on to Firefox.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

catrina
Do you need assistance with using Firebug to find the solution you're looking for?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeffsbesthemp
Currently we use chrome as our browser and it's got that inspect element thing in it. So far if we've tried to find the topic in the forums there's nothing, and there doesn't seem to be an option to do it from the standard drag and drop menu. We don't have the skills though to figure out what would need to be edited in the sense that we can't figure out an operative custom code to drop in and achieve it.

jeffsbesthemp
Danny, if we took a screen shot of our design control, would it fit the whole schematic in there? It doesn't seem to pick up more than just the upper portion of our settings....

catrina
If you're looking to change the color of text for just one specific page, you can use CSS like this (in this example the color for the Bio page will change): [code]body.page-id-75 {background-color: #FFFFFF;} body.page-id-75 div.entry_content {color: #000000 !important;}[/code] The first line in the code above changes the background color and the second line changes the color of the text in the main content area. The colors can be changed to whatever colors you desire. The number (in this case, 75) should be changed according to what page you want to adjust (it should be the ID number for that specific page).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jeffsbesthemp
Hi Catrina! We're technically trying to do two things. First in the grey area below the featurette, the text is white, and we want to make it black because no one can see it right now, nor can they see the "share this part" of the post frame. The other part is that We want to keep the header, menu, featurette, sidebars, footers, and site background the same color scheme that it is, but just make the writing/text area where what you write or what you put in your post to have a white background, and black text because the white oin green writing is really hard to stay with when you try to read it. That's all we're trying to fix. Any ideas? :)

Danny
Hi Jeff, I'm not quite sure where this "Share this part" is, would it be possible to reply and provide a link please. To make the main text area have a white background with black text, add the following code to your custom CSS. [code]#column-main { background-color: white; color: black; }[/code]

jeffsbesthemp
HI, Thank you for the code, we'll try that out. I really apologize, I'm super dense at appropriate terms, it's this grey bar under the featurette with the arrow at the top left, and bottom right when you pull up a post: Here's a link to an example post page... [url="http://jeffsbesthemp.com/wordpress/?p=673"]http://jeffsbesthemp.com/wordpress/?p=673[/url] Hopefully that's better than our narrative skills, or lack thereof. Neither of us know's the right word. :( I've tried to change the text but it changes the main navigation text above the featurette when I do. We don't care if the box stays grey, but no one can read the text in it. When we changed the color from settings, so far it changes the main nav text color too and we want that to stay white. We'll try the other part and see if that get's us closer to our goal. Thank you for the input. :) JVS

catrina
Are you referring to the post navigation above the post title...? (I know the background is white but maybe it's what you're referring to?)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jeffsbesthemp
Yes I think that's it, the post navigation. The little grey box just under the featurettes when you click on a post.

jeffsbesthemp
That would be my main question, how do we change the color of our post navigation text and I guess since we're at it, how do we change the post navigation box background color?

Danny
Hi Jeff, Add this to your custom CSS and it will change the Post Navigation background to white and the links to black. [code].post-nav, .current_posts_info { background: white; } .post-nav .previous a { color: black; } .post-nav .next a { color: black; }[/code]

jeffsbesthemp
Hi Danny! Thank you! that worked like a charm! Since we're on a roll now, is there anything we can add to make that box under it that says "If you liked this, please consider sharing it" section do the same thing? This looks great!

Danny
Hi, Add this to your custom CSS. [code].post-footer { color: black !important; }[/code]