Sign in to follow this  
cmaynor

archive/category-magazine vs blog layout and wp-ecommerce

cmaynor

Please someone in dev answer finally the solution to the blog/magazine on the product category page wp-ecommerce view not showing as it should where and how is this fix your theme is advertised to be compatible with this I am using gold cart pagelines/base when http://plaquebart.com/products-page/sports-plaques/ the theme is taking over what wp-ecommerce should be doing with this default blog post exert view..when magazine is selected it screen_magazine_page.jpg puts a post at the top of the page when blog layout is selected it on shows title description excerpt and read more no image at all no formatting releated to ecom page view. screen_blog_layout.jpg Please help I keep hoping this will get fixed. or advise but not to use a different plug in.

Rob
Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates > in the Content Area and find your template. Look for PostNav. Drag it over to the right side. That should eliminate the bit with Archives "" in it. Next, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Blogs And Posts and look for Full Width Post Meta and Clip Metabar. Under each, there's a line with some shortcodes in it. Copy each and paste into a notepad (.txt) file. Then, save the file to your desktop and remove all the info from those areas, leaving them totally blanks. This will remove the metabar information BUT, it will also remove it from all other posts. So by saving it to the file, you can always restore it if we need to.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
That last solution will remove the meta information and Viewing archives for "" from the page shown in the 2nd image too. Just an FYI, in your site's logo, you've misspelled "too" as "to".

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cmaynor
"too" not sure what your looking at I am not sure what is going on but settings seem to produce proper results now. on the category display but I still can't get rid of the post at the top with commenting in template.postloop.php file out that but that messes up things it seems. http://plaquebart.com If you didn't buy it from plaquebart.com you paid to much! what part is misspelled.

cmaynor
I just commented out lines 64-67 in the template.postloop.php and now it seems all look ok with a nav back and to still at the top but I hate to have to hack that into being...