Sign in to follow this  
coachkriswatkins

Site loading extremely slow after update

coachkriswatkins

My site is loading very slow after updated today to the new framework, is there anyway I can go back to the old one?

Jenny
Hi @coachkriswatkins. I checked out your load times using Pingdom and it seems you may have a redirecting problem on your server. When I enter the URL to be checked with the www., there is nearly a 2.5 second wait time, and then it is redirected to the non-www. site, which takes an additional 1.5 seconds to resolve. This is something you need to speak to your host about. Aside from that, you have several images that are slowing down your site. For example, the gcaa-ALL-CONFERENCE-TEAMS.gif image is 2.5 seconds of load time on its own. To check out your site and correct speed-related issues, please visit your report at http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/ygXP7NmYD/www.southernhoopsreport.com Hope that helps!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

coachkriswatkins
I went and installed w3 cache and it has helped some, but none of this was a problem before I updated. How do I speed up the loading o the images in the feature section?

catrina
I visited your site and the feature section images are loading normally for me. Are they just loading unusually slow for you?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

coachkriswatkins
The update has also caused my site to slow dramatically!

coachkriswatkins
It loads very very slow, to the point I want to remove pagelines. I tried another theme and the site loaded fine

Rob
Coach, please look at: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/DbdFaaSyH/http://southernhoopsreport.com/ As you'll see, the very first line shows the domain only, taking almost 5 seconds to load. Absolutely you're having a latency problem with your site. However, if you look, PageLines isn't even loading until AFTER the domain does (normal) but it's only taking fractions of a second to load. Several things can cause this level of latency. 1. Google Analytics may not be properly configured and file permissions may not be properly set based on your hosting package (ask them). 2. Your site is on a shared hosting plan with many other sites and they may be using too many resources to allow your site to load properly. 3. Your hosting plan may not permit you sufficient RAM resources to allow your domain to load. The latter seems likely because it's a sporadic latency. If the server is light at a given moment, your site loads fine, but if it's busy, it loads slowly. Recommended solutions: 1. Check the Google Analytics documentation and your host for permissions information. 2. Get a different hosting plan with fewer sites on the same server. 3. Change hosts to one that provides you with up to 256Mb RAM, set in the php.ini file. Usually that's a VPS or dedicated plan with root access.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur