Sign in to follow this  
purple

Pagelines 2.1.6 Broke Callout Image

purple    0
purple

Prior to updating to 2.1.6 I had an image in the header callout area. However, it no longer shows up. I have tried reuploading the image and resaving without success. I am using the meta area. Any advice?

purple    0
purple
As a note, if you look at the site right now, it shows an image, but that is only because I switched the callout with the branding area in the header so that I wouldn't have a site up without a call to action at the top. So although it looks fixed, that is just a bandaid as the callout area still doesn't work properly right now.

Rob    547
Rob
I'm unsure why this is happening. Have you tried adding the callout to some other area? It might just be an issue with it being in the header (relative to 2.1.6 changes). Just wondering because if that's the case, we need to know that the callout doesn't work in the header and I can report that as a bug. If it's broken everywhere, I'd guess there's a plugin conflict that was created with the update, or a CSS conflict. Do you have any custom CSS applied to that callout?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

purple    0
purple
Ok, I have finally had a chance to sit down and try it multiple places. The callout image doesn't show up no matter where it is on the page. I don't have any custom CSS applied to the callout. I will try my plugins.

purple    0
purple
Ok, sorry for the delay. I started having this same issue across multiple websites. So I created a completely new website on a development server to make sure it was clean and have only the pagelines sections plugin active. I am still having the same problem. The text will show up, but the callout image won't.

catrina    103
catrina
Have you already tried moving the callout to a different area on the site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

purple    0
purple
Yes, I have put it in a couple of different places with no success.

Jenny    33
Jenny
Can you put the action callout section somewhere on your site and then provide us with a link and the location of the callout? This would make things easier so we can actually see it instead of guessing. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

purple    0
purple
Here you go: http://pestcontrol-vista.com/ The callout is in the header. I am using this exact design on several different sites and noticed it as soon as our team updated a couple of them. This specific site has also been buggy. Anytime that I save anything in the Pagelines settings area it causes the website to become scrambled as you see it now. I then have to import old Pagelines settings to correct the problem. But then if I try to save anything else to try and fix the callout or something it scrambles it again. This didn't happen before updating Pagelines.

purple    0
purple
Ok, for some reason the callout is now working. But the page is still scrambled. I will probably just rebuild the design as it is only this one that I have problems with. So it probably has an error somewhere.