Sign in to follow this  
ryanjohnjackson

Menu, universal sidebar below it, IE8/9 with compatibility view on = issue

ryanjohnjackson

I made a second row in universal sidebar below my menu. It has essential links to click, an alert message for holidays (hidden) and our own search form. In IE 8/9 with compatibility mode on the menu falls behind the universal sidebar. Is there some simple css that fixes this or is it a bug? Note: the live site is pagelines 2.0.1 but it also happens on out test site which is 2.1.5 And a tip: compatibility mode sees commented out borders for example it seems //border 1px solid pink; . I thought this was a caching issue until I turned off compatibility mode and everything looks fine. The trick for me is make //border 1px solid pink; into //bborder 1px solid pink; . AEHjA.jpg

Rob
Ryan, you're looking for z-index applied specific to that element, bringing it forward. Are you familiar with that? If not, I'll direct you to some information. Just let me know.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ryanjohnjackson
Thanks, I'll look for it. http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp Now my question would be one from your experience... do I apply this to the menu by making it a top layer or by bringing the universal sidebar down? Shouldn't wordpress' superfish css always put the menu above all else? I am pretty sure I've never changed the z-index of anything. Thanks again ;)

ryanjohnjackson
Fixed! Thanks Rangelone ;) I made every ID inside of sb_universal auto and sb_univeral itself I made -1. #sb_universal{ position: relative; z-index:-1; } #list_sb_universal, #html_javascript_adder-5{ position: relative; z-index:auto; }