Sign in to follow this  
Gavin_

adding JS folder

Gavin_

Hi we created a JS folder to be able to get some QTIP2 action going we added the folder to the uploads folder and it seems to hae been deleted when we updated to the latest pagelines framework 2.1.6 where is the best place to add JS stuff so that it wont be overwritten or deleted? cheers

Danny
Hi Gavin, Can't you put the folder anywhere, it doesn't necessary need to be in the PageLines Framework folder, or does it ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon
The uploads folder would never be deleted by any theme/plugin upgrade.

Gavin_
maybe it was deleted by something else, we did install ubermenu - but i cant see that being a problem (but this it turns out i snot really our problem!) our problem is we are using a plugin called super chart boy and we have added a qTip2 tooltip code to the php of that widget when we added the jQuery to the header.php of pagelines it all worked fine [code]add_action('wp_head', 'add_my_script'); function add_my_script() { ?>

Simon
Where did you add the above code?

Gavin_
originally to the header.php - and it worked but as it got overwritten then we tried header custom scripts in the pagelines dashboard and it didn't work cheers

Simon
Adding that code to pagelines-customize/functions.php works perfectly, thats exactly what it was designed for. Never edit core files they will always be overwritten during updates. Also you are tryng to include jquery there, Wordpress comes with it built in.

Gavin_
We added the code to pagelines-customize/functions.php and it does indeed work perfectly. We need a more advanced JS as qTip2 needs it. all seems to be working OK. maybe this site will win a pagelines showcase - i always seem to narrowly miss out!