Sign in to follow this  
alisamski

Displaying Category Descriptions with Title

alisamski

Trying to Display the Category Description under the Category Title.. on the category pages.... different than the Platform code... here is what I have in place.

///CATEGORY DESCRIPTION
	add_action('pagelines_inside_top_maincontent','category_intro');
	function category_intro(){
		if (is_category()) {
			echo category_description();
		}
	}

Any suggestions?

Simon
Install the action map plugin to show where all the actions are ;) Its under free plugins in the wp-admin store

alisamski
ok did that... Under the Category Title... it says loop_start so do I replace 'pagelines_inside_top_maincontent' ? sorry... I am php-challenged. that doesn't seem right.

Simon
Can you post a screenshot with action map enabled?

alisamski
This shows up at the top of the page also... Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/s/t/r/strategicexec/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-action-map/pagelines-action-map.php on line 77 Link to screen shot: [url]http://bit.ly/HAGnJ4[/url]

alisamski
This is the code inside functions for Title and Descritption: [code]// ==================================================== // = YOUR FUNCTIONS - Where you should add your code = // ==================================================== //ADD CATEGORY TITLE AT TOP OF CAT PAGES add_action('pagelines_inside_top_postloop','cat_title'); function cat_title(){ if ( is_category() ) { ?>

Simon
Yea so use 'pagelines_before_postloop'

alisamski
Well... the description showed up... However it is above the category title...

alisamski
I changed to this... not sure if this is correct... but seems to be displaying ok... if this code is wrong... please do tell! [code]// ==================================================== // = YOUR FUNCTIONS - Where you should add your code = // ==================================================== //ADD CATEGORY TITLE AT TOP OF CAT PAGES add_action('pagelines_inside_top_postloop','cat_title'); function cat_title(){ if ( is_category() ) { ?>

catrina
I don't see anything wrong with this code. If it works, then you can leave it alone.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse