Sign in to follow this  
WebWerx

Framework Update to V 2.1.16 Crashed my Site

Simon
Shame, looks like wordpress cannot remove the old version as there is a file in the folder not owned by you, probably because the web server is running under a different username 'nobody' or 'www-data'.

WebWerx
@pross: What does this mean? How do I resurrect my site? This will be a major issue for Pagelines as the host is Page.ly and I know they started providing the free version of Platform of late... So.... They are running MU - if that helps. My money says that anyone who is on Page.ly and is using Pagelines will have an issue doing this upgrade. I did not have this issue when I did the last upgrade.

Simon
PageLines Framework NEVER writes to any files in the pagelines directory EVER for exactly this reason. You should talk to your host and ask why wordpress cannot delete files in your own account.

WebWerx
@pross: I have already posted a ticket with them. I thought you guys would be a bit more concerned as every Page.ly user will run into this issue when doing a PL upgrade.

Simon
Keep us posted on what they say please.

WebWerx
@pross: Appears to be a Permissions issue. Stay tuned

WebWerx
Guys... sorry I didn't close this one out. The issue was with Page.ly (permissions).